Manufacturing Engineering Technologist (Short commute east of London)
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of quality metal components with a diversified client base across the Defence, Oil and Gas and Mining industries, not just the Automotive sector. They are currently searching for an experienced MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST to join their team at their facility located approximately 30 minutes east of London. The successful candidate will be responsible for programming for all CNC/NC equipment, robot, programming, design and co-ordinate all tooling and gauging. As well they will assist manufacturing (production) to improve process tooling or needs as requested by Engineering Manager and ensure that all methods, tools, etc., are working at optimum levels. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to complete routings, operation or process drawings and as required APQP documents.
This opportunity offers a stable company + great team environment + competitive hourly rate + benefits!
- Continually ensure that CNC and processing records are updated
- Assist shop floor supervision in training activities
- Trouble shoot shop floor issues.
- Ensure that all methods, tools, and processes are used by follow-up
- Ensure that parts are delivered to the customers correct in a price effective method
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Prioritizing/time management skill, ability to cope with multiple tasks
- Analyze existing productions methods, time studies and operator issues
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Estimate and quoting of production jobs as required
- Post secondary education combined with at least 3 years prior related experience
- Project management using advanced project planning
- Able to program CNC/NC lathes, machining centres, robots, and other programmable equipment
- Requires extensive knowledge of general machining practices
- Able to specify processes to manufacture components
- Able to correct machining problems by tooling, gauging, machining or fixturing
- Able to estimate machining cycle
- Able to use CAD/CAM
- Able to perform method analysis
- Able to plan, project, and perform project analysis
- Frequent processing of multiple tasks and projects with frequent interruptions
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com or call us at 519-719-2727 for more information. We look forward to partnering with you and will review your resume immediately. Your resume and contact information are never shared until we have spoken to you and have your permission.
Calibre Recruitment is a full-service firm that provides permanent, contract and project-based recruitment solutions. Whether it’s entry-level or management, we have expertise filling all administrative, customer service, accounting, engineering, IT, manufacturing, marketing, sales and skilled trades positions.
We are passionate about finding the right fit for you and your next employer. Regardless of your position, industry or specialization, Calibre Recruitment has the business contacts. We have one of the best, brightest and most connected recruitment teams in the industry and we are here to help move you along in your career.