QUALITY ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of quality metal components with a diversified client base across the Defence, Oil and Gas and Mining industries, not just the Automotive sector. They are currently searching for an experienced QUALITY ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST to join their team at their facility located approximately 30 minutes east of London. The successful individual will provide support and direction to all departments in the area of quality assurance and process documentation.
This opportunity offers a stable company + great team environment + competitive hourly rate + benefits + pension!
- Develop, maintain process documentation in co-operation with manufacturing engineering.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of product, process or quality system non-conformance.
- Participate in the APQP process and address any quality issues, including GD&T, gauge design, testing requirements and timing, capability study requirements and timing, applied statistical methods, and Advanced Quality Plans.
- Initiate coordinate, and follow up on corrective and preventative actions and recommend course of action.
- Verify effectiveness of Corrective Actions implemented.
- Provide direction, coaching and training as it relates to quality control.
- Responsible for determining customer requirements on assigned programs and obtaining acceptance and limit samples.
- Responsible for communicating customer requirements and standards within the organization.
- Review customer, internal, and supplier rejections.
- Responsible for preparing PPAP submissions on assigned programs.
- Participate in cross functional team activities.
- Preform product, process, supplier and systems audits.
- Perform daily dock audits and review of nonconforming material from GP12 area and MRB disposition.
- Post-secondary education in in a related field.
- Previous experience in a Quality Engineering role Technologist role.
- Ability to read blueprints and GD&T.
- Experienced with 8D, 5WHY, APQP, Statistical Methods and Control Plans and PPAP’s.
- Successful track record in meeting company and departmental objectives.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer programs including MS Office.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to partnering with you and will review your resume immediately. Your resume and contact information are never shared until we have spoken to you and have your permission.
Calibre Recruitment is a full-service firm that provides permanent, contract and project-based recruitment solutions. Whether it’s entry-level or management, we have expertise filling all administrative, customer service, accounting, engineering, IT, manufacturing, marketing, sales and skilled trades positions.
We are passionate about finding the right fit for you and your next employer. Regardless of your position, industry or specialization, Calibre Recruitment has the business contacts. We have one of the best, brightest and most connected recruitment teams in the industry and we are here to help move you along in your career.