Our client is a global manufacturing leader who has a diversified client base across the construction, agricultural, transportation and the marine industries, not the automotive industry. They are currently expanding to add another facility and are searching for an experienced MAINTENANCE MANAGER to lead the site maintenance function in providing both reactive and proactive multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure. This includes managing the upkeep of all manufacturing assets, managing a maintenance budget and resources, as well as assisting in the design and installation of new systems. The successful candidate will increase the site operational effectiveness, improve project delivery, reduce downtime, manage and implement improvement plans as well as drive Key Performance Indicators. Our client’s facility is located approximately 30 minutes from London.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance
- Manage the full process of introduction of new machinery, from creation of specifications to managing suppliers through to full installation
- Coordinate and manage work/projects with third parties
- Establish, manage and maintain maintenance procedures
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule and ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out
- Maintain manufacturing assets and facility, parts inventory, monitor purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manage the set budgets
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken
- Provide technical expertise to the business
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for maintenance area
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Develop working instructions (WI) and standard operating procedures (SOP)
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Millwright and/or Electrician Licence
- Previous experience in a lead, supervisory or management position
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly skilled with troubleshooting, organizational and multi-tasking functions
- Excellent knowledge with pneumatics and hydraulic systems
- Excellent knowledge with machine installations and repairs
- Full understanding of mechanical and electrical schematics
- Experience in performing PSR’s on new equipment installations and equipment relocation
- Working knowledge of construction processes, trade practices, standards, building codes & regulations.
- Knowledge in automation, PLC and logic controls
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and principles
- Knowledge of securing quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-719-2727 for more information. We look forward to partnering with you and will review your resume immediately. Your resume and contact information are never shared until we have spoken to you and have your permission.
Calibre Recruitment is a full-service firm that provides permanent, contract and project-based recruitment solutions. Whether it’s entry-level or management, we have expertise filling all administrative, customer service, accounting, engineering, IT, manufacturing, marketing, sales and skilled trades positions.
We are passionate about finding the right fit for you and your next employer. Regardless of your position, industry or specialization, Calibre Recruitment has the business contacts. We have one of the best, brightest and most connected recruitment teams in the industry and we are here to help move you along in your career