Our client is a not for profit organization that has been driving innovative employment solutions locally for close to 35 years! Their team of professionals provide counselling, a broad range of training solutions as well as job development services. Additionally, they manage several successful community projects and are supported by all levels of government. On their behalf, we are searching for a hardworking, dedicated and experienced individual to manage their accounting and finance area. The successful individual will enjoy a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an exciting and rewarding working environment where your contribution helps make a positive impact in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that accounting related procedures are completed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Canadian accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations.
- Prepare and present annual budgets for approval by Board of Directors;
- Prepare and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual variance and other required financial reports by approved projects and for the overall organization in a timely and effective manner.
- Oversee and provide regular reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors on fiscal health of organization.
- Prepare all yearly working papers for external auditor and funding sources as required.
- Oversee and complete quality control review of all accounting information ensuring efficient and effective delivery of financial and accounting activities including general ledger, intercompany accounts, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
- Verify the eligibility of expenses per project contract/agreement and ensure all reporting deadlines are met.
- Oversee collections of revenue.
- Ensure processes and reporting mechanisms are established to support the effective management of cash flow.
- Complete monthly commodity tax forms by required deadlines for both not-for-profit and profit streams of revenue.
- Complete payroll processing, employee benefits and pension information and updates in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain employee files and contracts in accordance with Employment Standards.
- Actively participate in operational and financial planning as an integrated member of the WIL management team.
- Post-secondary education in accounting and ideally you will have your CPA designation.
- At least 4 years of work experience in an accounting leadership role where you were responsible for financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, payroll and benefits.
- Thorough working knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices on resource allocation, budget preparation, financial reporting methods, corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial and tax requirements for not-for-profit organizations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High proficiency with a variety of computer software programs including, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Ceridian Payroll and Sage 300 ERP AccPac software.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
We look forward to partnering with you and will review your resume immediately. Your resume and contact information are never shared until we have spoken to you and have your permission.
Calibre Recruitment is a full-service firm that provides permanent, contract and project-based recruitment solutions. Whether it’s entry-level or management, we have expertise filling all administrative, customer service, accounting, engineering, IT, manufacturing, marketing, sales and skilled trades positions.
We are passionate about finding the right fit for you and your next employer. Regardless of your position, industry or specialization, Calibre Recruitment has the business contacts. We have one of the best, brightest and most connected recruitment teams in the industry and we are here to help move you along in your career.